Title: IMPACT 2018 Partnerships Intern
Location: USGA Headquarters, Liberty Corner, NJ
Position Timeframe: May 2018 through August 2018
From the USGA Handicap System, to conducting what are regarded as golf’s most prestigious championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules, and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to enhance the game through partner support?
Connected by shared interests and strategic priorities, we partner with distinguished global organizations to create year-round programs that deliver on common goals, build stronger relationships with key audiences, and positively impact the game of golf. As an intern of the USGA Partnerships team, you will have the opportunity to work with the functional area that is responsible for the successful integration and ongoing service to the USGA’s corporate partnerships. This role will assist the day-to-day leads on partner accounts in the planning and execution of fan activations, media and content campaigns, and joint initiatives with the USGA. The position will help evaluate beneficial opportunities for partner integration with the USGA and assist in effectively communicating internally and externally the delivery of value to the USGA and its partnerships.
This IMPACT Internship will also feature a Professional Development focus where will have an opportunity to participate in Panel Discussions (Leadership & Former Interns), learn more about our broader organization by being exposed to "Day in the Life of" job overviews, participating in community service and social activities, and the opportunity to complete and present a capstone project for Executive and Senior Leaders.
What you can expect:
- Exposure to all members of the Partnerships team including those who manage corporate partners, regional partners, and strategic development
- Assist partnerships team in delivering exemplary service and value to existing corporate partners
- Assist in the planning and execution of elements within each partner agreement (hospitality, print, social, digital and broadcast media, fan experiences, etc.)
- Assist in the creation of comprehensive recaps and reports for individual partners
- Assist with other special projects and assignments during the championship season such as fan surveying, PLAY9, championship marketing, or business development
- Exposure to many functional areas inside the USGA who help the partnerships team identify and create global strategic partnerships that support our mission year-round and connect the USGA brand with an audience of millions
- Opportunity to support partnerships team onsite at the 2018 U.S. Open Championship
What you bring to the USGA:
- Current junior or senior in college or graduate student (preferred)
- Specialization in marketing, business, communications, advertising, or related field
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Proficiency in creating presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to take initiative and operate toward a goal without daily supervision
- Ability to manage short-term and long-term projects simultaneously
- Familiarity and expertise with different advertising mediums, social marketing platforms, and digital data measurements
- Collaborative energy and spirit
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Interest in golf / sports preferred
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions is the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer