2022 U.S. Open: Fan Info and Ticket FAQs
The 2022 U.S. Open will be held at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., from Monday, June 13 through Sunday, June 19.
Practice rounds will be held from Monday, June 13 through Wednesday, June 15. Championship rounds will be conducted from Thursday, June 16 through Sunday, June 19.
Mobile tickets, including instructions on how to access and utilize them, will be distributed electronically in spring 2022 to the email address used at the time of purchase.
The USGA has a strict no-refund policy on all USGA championships. However, tickets are transferrable.
Juniors aged 12 and under can request a complimentary Gallery ticket at the Ticket Office for each round with a ticketed or credentialed adult; Juniors aged 13-18 can request a complimentary Gallery ticket at the Ticket Office for practice rounds with a ticketed or credentialed adult, and for championship rounds can purchase a discounted Junior Gallery ticket ($50) at the Ticket Office with a ticketed or credentialed adult. Maximum of four (4) Junior tickets of any age per ticketed or credentialed adult.
Note: Junior tickets do not provide access into any premium spaces or hospitality areas as specific tickets are required for access into each of those venues. Discounted Junior premium tickets of all Junior ages for practice rounds, if available, can be purchased for Junior access into premium spaces (The Garden and Trophy Club for $50 per ticket) at the Ticket Office. For championship rounds, if available, discounted Junior premium tickets for all Junior ages can be purchased for Junior access into premium spaces (The Garden and Trophy Club for $100 per ticket) at the Ticket Office. Maximum of four (4) Junior premium tickets of any age per ticketed or credentialed adult.
No, the USGA does not have discounted tickets for senior citizens.
MBTA – Taking the T / Train Service
Avoid traffic and parking by “Taking the T” to the designated U.S. Open train stations! The MBTA (“T”) is the most sustainable, affordable, and convenient transportation option to get to the 2022 U.S. Open Championship. The T is committed to providing safe and comfortable transportation along their Subway, Commuter Rail, and Bus lines. Fans are strongly encouraged to visit MBTA at www.mbta.com/usopen to plan your trip, view service schedules, station locations, parking availability, fares, and rider accessibility.
The USGA will provide complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the below stations and The Country Club:
- Orange Line – Forest Hills Station: Those traveling from metro-Boston or transferring from the Red or Blue Lines, the Orange Line is the most efficient way to get to the U.S. Open. For those traveling from points west/southwest, the Needham Line Commuter Rail route has a stop at the Forest Hill Station. Once you arrive at Forest Hills Station, follow U.S. Open signage to the upper bus terminal where complimentary U.S. Open shuttle service will be provided to and from the Championship grounds.
- Green Line (B) – Boston College Station: Those traveling within the Brookline and Fenway/Kenmore areas utilizing a (B) Line station, are encouraged to take the T to Boston College Station. Once you arrive at Boston College Station, follow U.S. Open signage towards Boston College’s Alumni Stadium shuttle depot area where complimentary U.S. Open shuttle service will be provided to and from the Championship grounds.
- Green Line (C) – Cleveland Circle Station: Those traveling within the Brookline and Fenway/Kenmore areas utilizing a (C) Line station, are encouraged to take the T to Cleveland Circle Station. Once you arrive at the Cleveland Circle Station, follow U.S. Open signage to the Beacon Street shuttle depot where complimentary U.S. Open shuttle service will be provided to and from the Championship grounds.
- Green Line (D) – Reservoir Station: For those traveling from points west/northwest, the Green Line (D) provides the most efficient service from Riverside Station to Reservoir Station. Once you arrive at Reservoir Station, follow U.S. Open signage to the Beacon Street shuttle depot where complimentary U.S. Open shuttle service will be provided to and from the Championship grounds.
The MBTA is offering complimentary parking for U.S. Open fans and volunteers at 100+ MBTA stations inclusive of parking facilities. We encourage fans to park at one of the listed facilities and then take the Subway, Commuter Rail, or Bus lines to the championship. Please note: There is NO fan parking available at Forest Hills, Reservoir, Cleveland Circle, or Boston College stations. Parking rules, policies, and payment enforcement will remain in effect for non-U.S. Open attendees and daily MBTA commuters.
A limited number of special edition CharlieCards featuring the U.S. Open Trophy along with The Country Club’s imagery are available for U.S. Open fans! Please visit www.mbta.com/usopen to purchase a 1-day or 7-day pass ahead of the U.S. Open for unlimited bus and subway service during the Championship. All other standard CharlieCard / fare cards will be accepted and are available at fare vending machines at all subway stations.
The USGA strongly encourages fans to park at and take advantage of the MBTA’s (“T”) public transportation options, as it will be the most convenient option to get to the U.S. Open. For more information on the T, please visit www.mbta.com/usopen.
The Country Club is located in Brookline, Mass., approximately five miles from downtown Boston. Due to the densely populated and residential nature of The Country Club’s location, the USGA has established satellite fan parking options where complimentary shuttle transportation will be provided to and from the Championship grounds. Given limited capacities at satellite fan parking venues, all parking must be prepaid and reserved in advance of the Championship.
Ticket holders will be contacted in May and provided an opportunity to purchase a parking pass based on their ticket package and point of origin. Further information, including parking lot location(s), will be communicated to ticket holders once parking passes go on-sale.
Please Note: Parking passes will be limited and are subject to sellout. There is NO general fan parking or parking for fans with disabilities available in the immediate vicinity of The Country Club. All local street parking will be enforceable in accordance with prevailing Brookline ordinances and regulations and roads in the general vicinity of The Country Club are subject to closure and traffic restrictions. All other U.S. Open parking is by permit and parking pass only.
Parking & Transportation Services for Fans with Disabilities
The USGA is committed to providing a positive and user-friendly experience for all fans with disabilities. Accessible parking spaces for all vehicles displaying the appropriate HD/DP license plates or placards will be reserved at all parking locations. Fans requiring lift-equipped transportation should contact the USGA Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the Championship to receive specific parking instructions.
The USGA will provide complimentary lift-equipped shuttle transportation to and from all remote Championship parking lots and the designated MBTA train stations. Furthermore, the Disability Services Committee will be onsite to assist fans with disabilities with multi-person golf cart transportation to and from designated stops and accessible grandstand and facility locations throughout The Country Club.
Fans traveling from points east of The Country Club – and fans who live in the Brookline, Boston, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill areas – are encouraged to take ride share services to Larz Anderson Park. U.S. Open Ride Share and passenger drop-off will only be allowed at the designated area at Larz Anderson Park, accessed via Avon Street, and is located within a 10-minute walk to Gate 6.
To avoid traffic restrictions and heavier congestion, fans traveling on I-95 from points west and north and south of Boston – and fans who live in the Newton, Needham, Dedham, Waltham, Wellesley, and Weston areas – are encouraged to take ride share services to Lot X (37 A Street, Needham, MA 02494) where complimentary shuttle transportation will be provided to and from The Country Club.
There is no parking or staging for vehicles at either Ride Share location, so pick-up times will need to be coordinated accordingly. Vehicles proceeding to the Ride Share locations will be instructed to follow directional signs and parking attendants to the appropriate pick-up and drop-off location. Due to traffic restrictions, access is limited to vehicles no larger than a 12-passenger van or limousine. Ride share vehicles are NOT permitted to pick-up or drop-off at any other location around the Championship grounds. All other U.S. Open parking is by permit and parking pass only.
Fans who wish to ride their bicycle to the Championship will be able to do so following the bicycle signage plan and traffic pattern guidelines established in the immediate vicinity of The Country Club. Bike racks will be provided at Larz Anderson Park and Pine Manor College to secure bikes. Owners will be responsible for the security of their bicycles.
Active and retired Military members can request a complimentary Gallery ticket for practice rounds via online ticket offer verified through GovX HERE, and for championship rounds can purchase a discounted Gallery ticket at half price via online ticket offer verified through GovX HERE.
Note: Military cannot apply this discount to use to get into upgraded hospitality experiences.
Yes. While staying in touch with friends and capturing your experience is encouraged, please note the following:
- Silence your mobile device and disable flash
- Make phone calls only in designated fan zones
- Mobile device use, photography, video, and audio recording are permitted throughout the course, but should not disrupt play
- Captured content may not be used for commercial purposes
- No live streaming or shot-by-shot coverage (with or without video) is permitted
- Violation of the mobile device policy may result in expulsion and loss of ticket privileges
A detailed list of prohibited items will be posted to www.usopen.com in Spring 2022.
Please note that to expedite admission into the championship, it is recommended that all prohibited items are safely stowed prior to arriving. All fans will go through security screening prior to entering the grounds of The Country Club.