Below is a list of players who are exempt into the 118th U.S. Open Championship, which will be played at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, in Southampton, N.Y., June 14-17.
Exempt players must still file a championship entry, and all exemption critera is subject to change.
- Winners of the U.S. Open last 10 Years:
- Winner and Runner-up of 2017 U.S. Amateur (must be an amateur):
- Winner of the 2017 Amateur Championship conducted by The R&A (must be an amateur):
- Winner of the 2017 McCormack Medal, given to the top player in the World Amateur Golf Ranking (must be an amateur):
- Winners of the Masters Tournament the last five years:
- Winners of The Open Championship the last five years:
- Winners of the PGA Championship the last five years:
- Winners of the Players Championship the last three years:
Si Woo Kim
- Winner of the 2017 U.S. Senior Open:
- From the 2017 U.S. Open, the lowest 10 scorers and ties:
- Players qualifying for the season-ending 2017 Tour Championship:
- Winner of the 2017 U.S. Junior Amateur (Must be an amateur):
- Winner of the 2017 U.S. Mid-Amateur (Must be an amateur):