The “Road to Pebble Beach Sweepstakes”
To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
1. Eligibility: The “Road to Pebble Beach Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least 21 years of age. Employees of the United States Golf Association (“USGA” or "Sponsor"), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. (“Administrator”), Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. ("Lexus"), Inc. any organizations sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:01 a.m. ET on April 6, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 9, 2019. (“Promotion Period”).
As explained below, the Sweepstakes will be offered at events at various locations as part of the U.S. Open Trophy Tour Presented by Lexus (each an “Event”). Entries at an Event must be received by the designated entry deadline at that Event to be eligible to possibly win a prize. In all cases, Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
3. How To Enter: At the Event locate one of the designated Event staff with a tablet.
On the tablet, when prompted, enter your first name, last name, email address, phone number and check the box acknowledging that you have read and agree to these Official Rules. Then click the “Enter” button on the tablet under the supervision of the designated Event staff (“Entry”).
Limit one (1) entry per person/per email address during each Event.
Entry must be effected in accordance with these Official Rules. Entry in excess of the applicable limitation (i.e. participating more than once) will result in disqualification of such person. Entries must be manually key-stroked on the tablet at the Event in full accordance with the instructions of designated Event staff; use of any other device or program to enter (including but not limited to use of one’s smart phone enter) or any other deviation from the designated Event staff instructions is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted at the Events. Without limitation of any other term herein, Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic Entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
4. Random Drawing/Selection of Winner/Notification of Winner: Potential winner (the "Winner") will be selected via a random drawing. The random drawing will occur on or about the day following the conclusion of the Promotion Period from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Potential Winner will be notified by Administrator via email and/or phone. Failure to respond via email to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after notification, or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts may result in forfeiture of winner status and prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential Winner may be required to sign and return, within seventy-two (72) hours from date of transmission, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, W9, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period (if applicable), potential Winner may be disqualified. If a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period (time permitting). In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds:
Grand Prize (1 winner): Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) Lexus Hospitality Tent tickets for Saturday June 15, 2019 and Sunday June 16th, 2019 of the 119th U.S. Open Championship (“Tournament”) taking place at Pebble Beach located in Monterey, CA; which includes access to the grounds of the U.S. Open Championship and the Lexus Tent in the USGA Partner Village with complimentary food and beverage during the hours of operation. ARV of Grand Prize is $500.00.
Winner and guest must comply with the Tournament’s rules and regulations at all times. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of this portion of the prize. Should such portion of the prize become unavailable for any reason, Sponsor and its agencies shall have no further obligations in that regard other than to deliver a trip to Monterey as detailed, and subject to, the terms herein.
Grand Prize winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence (whichever is older). Grand Prize winner’s guest must execute a Release of Liability/Release of Publicity (where lawful) prior to travel.
No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) except with Sponsor’s permission or where required by law. If for any reason any announced prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value (except as otherwise indicated herein). Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the prize not specified herein. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners,
Odds of winning depends on total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE COMPONENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities, Pebble Beach Company, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize or component thereof (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting a prize, Winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and their designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
7. Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of prizes/determination of prize winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant’s residence and the entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsor. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsor. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsor is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsor’s costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
8. Sponsor: United States Golf Association, 77 Liberty Corner Road, Liberty Corner, NJ 07938.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Winner’s List: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Road to Pebble Beach Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received by June 28, 2019.